You can help save LQBTQ history
When you give to Gerber/Hart Library and Archives, you are making an investment to preserve the history of LGBTQ communities now, and for years to come.
Your financial support ensures Gerber/Hart will:
- Operate and maintain its large library of books, periodicals, and multimedia, and make these materials available and open to the public
- Keep all archives preserved by purchasing necessary protective storage materials and storing in an archival climate control environment
- Curate historical exhibits designed to educate the public about the history of LGBTQ people, groups, activism and events.
- Maintain and expand its vast collection of archival material for academic and scholarly research
- Provide a safe and friendly meeting place for all
Whether signing up for a monthly recurring donation or a one-time gift, we greatly appreciate your dedication to preserving the LGBTQ history of the Midwest. Thank you!
Gerber/Hart is a 501 (c) 3 non profit organization, and all contributions are tax-deductible as allowed by law.
If you prefer, you may mail your donation check (made out to Gerber/Hart Library and Archives) to:
Gerber/Hart Library and Archives
6500 N Clark St
Chicago, IL 60626
Honorary/ Memorial Giving
If you would like to make Gerber/Hart the recipient of gifts for a special occasion in your life (birthday, anniversary, etc.) or in honor of someone important to you, we would be most grateful. For example, you could ask guests of your birthday party to make a donation to Gerber/Hart in lieu of presents, or honor an important person in your life with a donation in their name.
If you would like help in arranging an honorary gift to Gerber/Hart, please contact Michael Rashid at email@example.com.
Planned/ Estate Giving
You can make Gerber/Hart Library and Archives a part of your legacy.
Including a gift to Gerber/Hart Library and Archives in your estate plan is an effective way to ensure the continuation of Gerber/Hart’s work to collect, preserve and make accessible materials about LGBTQ issues of the U.S. Midwest and beyond. For more information, click here (Planned and Estate Giving)
More Ways to Help
Interested in donating materials to the library and archives? Click here
Interested in volunteer opportunities? Click here