Lambda Literary Award Reading
The Lambda Literary Foundation and Gerber/Hart will co-present a reading of Lambda Literary Award finalists from Chicago and the Midwest on Wednesday, May 22 at 7:00 PM at the Center on Halsted, 3656 North Halsted Street.
The following authors will be present:
- Ramon H. Rivera-Servera, finalist in LGBT Studies, reading from Performing Queer Latinidad: Dance, Sexuality, Politics;
- Chris Paynter, finalist in Lesbian Romance, reading from Survived by Her Longtime Companion;
- Lewis Wallace, finalist in LGBT Anthology, reading "Dirt Story" from Why Are Faggots So Afraid of Faggots?;
- Laura Knight, finalist in LGBT Debut Fiction, reading from Three Cubic Feet;
- Tracy Baim, finalist in LGBT Studies, editor of Gay Press, Gay Power: The Growth of LGBT Community Newspapers in American;
- Anne Laughlin, finalist in Lesbian Romance, reading from Runaway;
- C.P Rowlands, finalist in Lesbian Mystery, reading from Jacob's War;
- E.M. Kokie, finalist in LGBT Children/YA, reading from Personal Effects;
- Marty McConnell, finalist in Lesbian Poetry, reading from Wine for a Shotgun;
Readers will be introduced by Dr. Judith Markowitz, President of the Lambda Literary Foundation (LLF). The Foundation is currently celebrating its 25th anniversary this year. The awards ceremony will take place this year on Monday, June 3 in New York City.
Refreshments will be served at the Chicago finalist reading. Books will also be available for purchase.
Gerber/Hart will be moving into its new space beginning Tuesday, April 30. Movers from Carney McNicholas, a firm that specializes in moving libraries, will be returning from Ohio to relocate our belongings into our new home. The long-awaited day is here! We look forward to finding a place for everything and putting everything in its place.
We continue to provide research assistance during this interim period. If you need research assistance, please call Gerber/Hart at 773-381-8030 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gerber/Hart Library and Archives
6500 North Clark Street • Chicago, Illinois 60626
(773) 381-8030 • email@example.com
Gerber/Hart moved from 1127 West Granville Avenue to 6500 North Clark Street at the end of April, 2012. We are currently closed while our space is being built out. Thank you for your patience during this interim time.
Gerber/Hart Library and Archives is supported in part by the Kicking Assets Fund of the Tides Foundation and by a CityArts Program 1 grant from the City of Chicago Department of Cultural Affairs and the Illinois Arts Council, a state agency.
This page was last updated May 20, 2013.